Thursday, January 19, 2012
CHICKEN BREAST STRIPS AND PANCETTA WITH ASPARAGUS
Preparation: 10 mins – Cooking: 15 mins
• 2 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
• 10 asparagus spears, washed and trimmed
• 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
• 70g (2½ oz) pancetta, cubed or sliced
• salt and black pepper
1. Place each breast between two sheets of clear film and flatten to a thickness of 5mm/¼ inch with a rolling pin. Cut into 2.5cm/1 inch strips diagonally. Season.
2. Boil the asparagus in salted water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
3. Put the pancetta in a large frying pan with the oil. Stir over a low heat until crispy.
4. Remove the pancetta from the pan, increase the heat and fry the chicken in the pancetta fat until lightly coloured.
5. Lower the heat. Add the asparagus to the pan, and stir thoroughly to make sure everything is coated in the oil. Carry on cooking until the chicken is done.
6. Serve immediately and sprinkle the pancetta on top.
• Steamed new potatoes make a good starchy side dish.
Labels: Recipe Raft